Acid-Nation

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Maximum fun for the maximum players! IP: 67.215.238.189:25565

+5
Darknebula123
Lifewing431
Chowd3r
anticus
AcidicTaco
9 posters

What colossal building project should we embark on the server? - brainstorm here!

AcidicTaco
    AcidicTaco
    Admin

What colossal building project should we embark on the server? - brainstorm here! Empty What colossal building project should we embark on the server? - brainstorm here!

Post  AcidicTaco Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:01 am

although I love the server the way it is with relaxed and friendly community. We don't have anything really impressive. If we all worked together with a common building idea, with the number of people on the server we could build some thing very, VERY colossal! That would be something to start a lets play series on too! Very Happy

So a bit about this is this wouldn't be like everyone legitimately builds, I probably would allow those working on the project to spawn items. The server won't be whitelisted, but I probably will add a zones mod to protect the project where only the users working on the project are allowed to build in.

This is just a brainstorming topic for what ideas we can come up with for what the project will be. Once we have a good list of ideas, I will make an official poll in which users can vote on what the project will be!

START BRAINSTORMING!
    I suggest looking at artwork, videos, and music to get some inspiration!

Below is the list of people who are going to participate in the project, note that nothing is decided so far. If you wish to leave at anytime you may, but your commands, such as item spawning will be removed if you leave during the construction of the project.

Project participants
    AcidicTaco

Last edited by AcidicTaco on Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:29 am; edited 2 times in total
    AcidicTaco
    AcidicTaco
    Admin

What colossal building project should we embark on the server? - brainstorm here! Empty Re: What colossal building project should we embark on the server? - brainstorm here!

Post  AcidicTaco Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:17 am

oh and if necessary, I can make a texture pack for the project
    anticus
    anticus
    Dedicated Member

Location : Earth, The Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Only Proven Universe

What colossal building project should we embark on the server? - brainstorm here! Empty Re: What colossal building project should we embark on the server? - brainstorm here!

Post  anticus Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:03 am

underground city, town in the sky, Taj Mahal. these would all be awesome
    Chowd3r
    Nooby

Post  Chowd3r Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:12 am

anticus wrote:underground city, town in the sky, Taj Mahal. these would all be awesome

Me, Comical_wraith, and dark have built a city in the sky a railroad to and from it and now were working on an island, when im on just ask me about it and ill show you.
    Lifewing431
    Nooby

Post  Lifewing431 Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:43 pm

I know it's a bit over the top, but could we try and recreate the hogwarts castle? or the maze?
    anticus
    anticus
    Dedicated Member

Post  anticus Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:13 pm

Lifewing431 wrote:I know it's a bit over the top, but could we try and recreate the hogwarts castle? or the maze?

that would be amazing! a hogwarts castle with a maze, like a chamber of secrets sort of thing (was that the 2nd movie?)
    AcidicTaco
    AcidicTaco
    Admin

Post  AcidicTaco Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:11 pm

personally I want to build something called 'Vector City' utilizing a lot of vector artwork, it's kinda hard to find since I've discovered I'm one in a million when it comes to this art style, I'll probably find some stuff eventually, however wipeout HD (PS3 game) is actually an excellent example of what style I want to make as that game is my complete art style along with the music, not to mention I would make an adrenaline game
    Darknebula123
    Darknebula123

Post  Darknebula123 Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:37 am

Chowd3r wrote:
    anticus wrote:underground city, town in the sky, Taj Mahal. these would all be awesome

Me, Comical_wraith, and dark have built a city in the sky a railroad to and from it and now were working on an island, when im on just ask me about it and ill show you.
    Yeah i was Mentioned Razz
    anticus
    anticus
    Dedicated Member

Post  anticus Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:57 am

hey acidictaco, can you add piston mod to the server? i'll make a really useful cobble generator if we need it for whatever project is chosen
    cheesemandrewt
    Nooby

Post  cheesemandrewt Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:32 pm

Let's build a Mario-Land where every pixel art there is related to mario! That would be cool. santa
    AcidicTaco
    AcidicTaco
    Admin

Post  AcidicTaco Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:18 pm

cheesemandrewt wrote:Let's build a Mario-Land where every pixel art there is related to mario! That would be cool. santa
    you have no idea how much this annoys me
    AcidicTaco
    AcidicTaco
    Admin

Post  AcidicTaco Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:23 pm

looking at some images here... tell me if you'd like to build this sort of thing
    on what scale the city would be at idk, but this would be the art style I would want to make

as always I DO NOT want to replicate these, but only take certain elements out of them, such as building designs, cars, streets, terrain, etc...
    What colossal building project should we embark on the server? - brainstorm here! Concept__Futuristic_City_by_I_NetGraFX
    What colossal building project should we embark on the server? - brainstorm here! 15495_3d_scene_futuristic_city
    What colossal building project should we embark on the server? - brainstorm here! Futuristic_City_Scape_by_GenerationGX
    What colossal building project should we embark on the server? - brainstorm here! Futuristic-City-9-V5MM38IZ95-1024x768
    What colossal building project should we embark on the server? - brainstorm here! Megastructure_by_Hideyoshi
    What colossal building project should we embark on the server? - brainstorm here! 350572_1248096648_large
    What colossal building project should we embark on the server? - brainstorm here! 302986_1196352321_large
    What colossal building project should we embark on the server? - brainstorm here! 364791_1247281381_medium
    What colossal building project should we embark on the server? - brainstorm here! Metropolis_pt_3_by_AndreeWallin
    What colossal building project should we embark on the server? - brainstorm here! Lava_City_by_dylancole
    Draaygon
    Draaygon

Post  Draaygon Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:05 pm

We shouldn't build a city or labyrinth, but how about a natural-type thing? We could build a giant volcano, or a pirate island. We should make something special, because everyone makes cities and mazes, not to mention replicas of famous stuff. Also, I really want someone besides me to build a challenge thing, or maybe a few of them. Like a mad scientist's lab, or an ice mountain. They should contain mob spawners and stuff. Just saying.
    AcidicTaco
    AcidicTaco
    Admin

Post  AcidicTaco Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:11 pm

we should totally build 'Vector City' on a land mass like this, that means the buildings on it would look completely different

What colossal building project should we embark on the server? - brainstorm here! Titan_AE_Alien_City_gouache_sketch
    AcidicTaco
    AcidicTaco
    Admin

Post  AcidicTaco Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:29 pm

just getting more artwork that I displays what kind of city I'm imagining fairly well

What colossal building project should we embark on the server? - brainstorm here! Like_in_a_futuristic_dream_by_grivetart-d3afn1r
    What colossal building project should we embark on the server? - brainstorm here! Futuristic_city_3_by_rich35211-d3hv8mi
    kiracookie
    Nooby

Post  kiracookie Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:48 am

How 'bout we build Hyrule. (OoT)
    Otherwise I'd say lets build Peach's castle, but I'm already doing that on another server.
    AcidicTaco
    AcidicTaco
    Admin

Post  AcidicTaco Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:49 am

facepalm
    can't you be creative, it looks poorly on you that the only things you can build are replicas of thing that have already been built
    ipif
    Nooby

Post  ipif Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:34 am

ok seeing the pictures of that futuristic city you have i was thinking maybe a giant glass dome with some house's inside of it but you also have a forest for wood a desert for cacti a random lake with reeds and a farm so basicly im getting at a self sustaing glass dome. im confident it will be 99.9% creeper proof Twisted Evil
    AcidicTaco
    AcidicTaco
    Admin

Post  AcidicTaco Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:13 pm

interesting, you've reminded me of the biotic design of buildings in the future, but creepers don't destroy blocks on the server
    Draaygon
    Draaygon

Post  Draaygon Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:27 pm

Acid, you never commented on my idea. You know,
    how about we do natural type things, but with an
    ironic twist. Like, say, an ice mountain that's actually
    a volcano, or a huge chasm with complicated traps.
    Something special is the general idea. I hate copying
    stuff.
    AcidicTaco
    AcidicTaco
    Admin

Post  AcidicTaco Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:58 pm

I'm pretty sure I'm just going start vector city anyway, several people liked the idea, I'll start it and others can join in if they want

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 5:00 pm